SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy__gw

Bad luck in waves...

kathy_
13 years ago

Mom has cancer again. She was incoherent and I thought she was having a stroke so I took her to the er last Thursday. It was just a bad reaction to Percoset.

They scanned her spine because she has been in a lot of pain (which is why the Percoset) and found a lesion Her cancer markers (blood test) had gone up. She was released from the hospital on Monday.

Sunday I stopped at her house before going to the hospital.

I heard water running and a pipe under her sink had separated and water flooded into her built on living room in back. I called my brother and sister and we cleaned up one heck of a mess. We shut off the water at the sink.

Monday I went out and the valve on the second pipe must have broken from tightening it. Water flooded the living room again. I was supposed to flag down a doctor, but took the time to suck up a lot of water. Called my brother and he said his wife would be out later. I called hubby and he sucked up water until SIL got there. I called a plumber to replace the "stuff" under the sink.

Mom was to be released that day!

Doctor came to release her and mom complained of hip pain and so she had an x-ray which saw nothing.

She was released and I drove her to get radiation at a hospital 15 miles from here. She needs taken every day for 14 days. Thursday she has 3 appointments and the brother who argued about her going to the nursing home is not stepping up unless he is called. Oh yes they will help - if you can get in contact with them. Must be nice.

My sister has taken the evening shift. Bless her since she works long days.

To top that off, I have been sick with a sore throat and am worn out.

There is ice out there and I called and put her appointment on hold today.

Just need to vent. I know a lot of you have been in my shoes. I am tired and sick..

Kathy

Comments (17)