SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mobrien242000

bad weather, no shingles, broken leg, bad luck

mobrien242000
15 years ago

Oh my goodness.

Our contractor, per say, (teacher in charge of the Building Trades Program) was trying to get tar paper on our roof this weekend before the winter storms hit this week. The winds have been horrible in Central IL all weekend! He fell off the roof and broke his leg and is scheduled to have surgery tomorrow. Thank goodness he had his cell phone with him to call for help.

So now we are not sure where we go from here. We are trying to find someone to do the shingles as soon as possible, but this week's weather sounds blistery!

We thought we an outside contractor hired to get us under tar paper by the end of last week, but that didn't happen. They didn't get it done. The wind this weekend blew off most of the tar paper they put on and now the contractor tells us we still owe him $1200. I'm so frustrated. Do we really have to pay if he didn't finish the job he said he would do by the time he said he would do it? They also left a mess on the site....trash everywhere....boards everywhere.....mud everywhere.

I'm very frustrated.

Comments (7)