SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moon_child_gw

Need heating ideas for our mudroom addition

moon_child
14 years ago

It's been forever since I've been on THS, but this is one of the best places I know for ideas from knowledgeable people.

About five years ago, our family had a house built. We have a large-ish family, and really NEEDED a mudroom but couldn't afford to add additional square footage to the house. We COULD, however, afford to add additional square footage to the garage, then build a mudroom in the near future. Two basement bedrooms and two other rooms completed, the future is FINALLY here. The 7'x12' mudroom is framed in, interior drywall is hung, and we are ready to conquer heat and lights.

And we're stuck. We don't have a clue of the best way to heat this space. I imagine we could put in electrical baseboard heat, but perhaps there is something else that would be better or more efficient or better meet our needs?

Besides electric baseboard, what are some possibilities? We only need heat. We really only need it for portions of the day. To be really particular, we only need to heat our coats and/or boots/shoes in the winter (cold winter coats are NO fun!). Ahhhh! I just need an answer so we all have a place to hang our hats. If someone or several someones would venture an answer, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Andee

Comment (1)