SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jally1

non-stick recipe for silicone muffin pans?

jally
16 years ago

Hi all!

The classic Hershey Brownie recipe flopped in my silicone muffin pans, and were so messy, they left a SSSTICKY difficult-to-clean residue. Each muffin was lopsided (though after spending endless hours scraping away the burnt edges, they tasted OK. The only reason they were burnt was because I specifically baked them longer, hoping that way they wouldn't stick.

Does anyone have any online links to inexpensive & easy muffin recipes TAILORED TO SILICONE BAKEWARE that won't stick, burn or be lopsided?

Such as carrot or zuccini or choco-cake muffins?

(I prefer nothing exotic, not even cinnamon...)

Also, I'd appreciate the *exact* amount of preheating & baking times, and whether 350 degrees or more.

Also, I didn't realize that each muffin depression needed to be greased? Is that a fact? If so, then why are silicone pans popular - isn't the whole idea to make life easier?

Thanks in advance.

On a tangent, I'm fed up - thus far I've bought too many white elephants based on rave revues:

Examples:

Bread Machine (needs babysitting - not worth it),

Presto pressure cooker (needs babysitting - not worth it),

Braun UK11 food processor (A1-rated by Consumer Reports *despite* narrow chute & many sharp thingies needing cleaning. I found the Kitchen Aid attachments *much* easier),

Dirt Devil electric broom (reviewers are idiots),

and now these silicone pans.

I'm learning more than ever not to trust online reviews, since they don't know what they're yapping about. Actually, it's a no-win situation, since even Consumer Reports steered me wrong.

Comments (5)