SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
repaintingagain_gw

White smartstrand carpet with 2 kids and a dog??? insane?

repaintingagain
13 years ago

We are in the process of trying to decide upon a carpet for our family room. We have hardwoods, but I would like a large area rug (12x15) made. I have 2 young kids and a nice big dog. We come in from the garage into a small laundry room and often my little tots get to the family room carpet before I can grab their shoes off. My dog never takes his shoes off (har har).

If I had my druthers I would have a really light cream colored carpet. I see that Smartstrand has a lifetime warranty against stains.

Am I completely insane for considering a cream carpet with 2 young kids and a dog? If Smartstrand is as good as it claims to be than I really could go for it. I found a nylon with Stainmaster that I love, but they only have a warranty for 7 years against stain. That makes me nervous, so I'm thinking the lifetime warranty of Smartstrand should be a indicator that it is more impervious to stain, yes?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have a slew of questions about what to look for in a pad, how to know if I'm getting a good price, what kind of binding I should consider, etc. But I figure I'll start with what brand/carpet I should be looking at first.

Comments (4)