Houzz Logo Print
twinklenose

needing help identifying a king...

17 years ago

Can anyone here, please help me?

I was listening to a message of a Christian radio station the other day, and the story was so interesting. I've tried googling what bit of info I remember but am having no luck. Was wanting to print it out for my husband to read.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?

I don't know if this was a real or fictional king, and think it took place in "Newkirk"... But, there was a very obese King (Ranulf??). His brother overthrew him and had workmen build a room around him. There was a window up high and an unbarred door, but the door was slightly smaller than normal-size.

Every day the brother had platters of succulent, tempting foods delivered.

Instead of losing weight to fit through the door and into freedom, the King grew even larger. He spent 10 years there until the brother died, but by time of his release, his health was so poor, the King lived only a year.

Thank you!!

Comments (11)