SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nypatti99

Floating Cork floors - advice?

nypatti99
13 years ago

We are looking to finish a bonus room over the garage with something durable and easy to clean. Right now we just have the plywood sub-floor, here are some of the constraints:

- Its a new house, so DH doesn't really want to drag more sheets of plywood through the house, so from what I understand sheet vinyl/vinyl tile (as well as glue down cork I think) would be out.

- I sometimes do messy hobbies (paint, clay) as well as sewing so I don't really want carpet (the most probable way to find a dropped pin on carpet is when it sticks into your foot!)

- The rest of the house it solid wood floor or porcelain tile, so I don't really want to use standard laminate boards which in most cases mimics the look of either of those.

Which brings us down to cork, and floating cork at that. I like the look of cork, but is there anything else out there that we should consider?

I've read people on this forum that say they "just don't like floating floors", I'm not that familiar with them, so my question is why don't people like them?

Any tips for putting down the cork so that we will be the most happy with it (whether we did it ourselves or hired out)?

Any brands that stand out - either good or bad?

Thanks!!

Comment (1)