SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seatime_gw

heat pump pricing break down

12 years ago

Hi Folks...

I am in the process of having a new heat pump installed...I have had 3 estimators out and all of them give turn key installation prices instead of breaking the cost of the heat pump air handler and labor down. In addition there are so any different models and styles that one does not know what kind of deal one is getting because the companies don't publish MSRP's online...thus it is a big crap game and a buyer is at the mercy of the installer dealer.

However I have found one website that lists prices for a Goodman 16 seer 4 ton unit at about 2,250.00. The prices I have gotten from a dealer quoting a turn key installation of the system is $6,800 for a 16 seer American Standard 4 ton unit (installer dealer did not give model or any other identifying numbers).

Actually I don't have an inkling as to what is going on...whether I am getting a new unit, a discontinued close out or an old unit that is several years old and shelf worn...

Talk about a racket...this HVAC business is the real thing people...a shell game for sure that needs regulating

Please advise so I do not get cheated out of my retirement savings and pay twice what something is worth...or an ridiculous installation charge...

also: are the air handlers included or extra charge? Who the heck knows!!!

Thanks to you all...

Fred

Comments (13)