SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaes_gw

A 4 zone Mini-split would be perfect for me---BUT...

jaes
16 years ago

I have an older, 2 story, rental property (one 2 bedrm Apt. on 1st floor---one 3 bedrm apt. on 2nd floor). Let's disscuss the 3 bedroom apt. on the 2nd floor: Currently, that apt. has a window AC in the Living Rm, and a window AC in EACH of the 3 bedrooms (4 window ACs, total). I want to replace the 4 window ACs and put in a FOUR (4) zone, mini-split AC system. --I could use the large empty attic area (above the 2nd floor Apt.), to run mini-split zone units to the Living room and each of the 3 bedrooms. THE PROBLEM IS, there are no FOUR (4) zone mini-split ACs (at least that I know of). NOTE: Using the central heating system ductwork of the house is NOT an option (for a lot of reasons)---so please don't go there. QUESTIONS: (1) Does anyone know of a FOUR (4) zone mini-split system? ---OR, (2) Could anyone suggest another way to cool (cool only) the Living Room & 3 bedrooms of the 2nd floor Apt? ---A friend suggested the following alternative to a non-existant 4 zone mini-split. He suggested I put a "air-handler"?? (with a AC coil) in the attic---he says I could run four cold air supply lines, in the attic, to the ceilings of the Liv RM & 3 Bdrms. ---Please, everyone, could we have a discussion of my situation?? I would appreciate such a discussion. -- I need to make a decision soon. Note: I installed a one zone mini-slit in another location----It works great! ---Thanks for any helpful discussion. ---Jaes.

Comments (6)