SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs_n_co_gw

Sad beyond belief

flwrs_n_co
11 years ago

This morning I found out that my BFF's eldest son passed away suddenly yesterday. He was in his mid-30's, had just finished his Ph.D. in history recently, has a wife and 3 young children (a set of twins and a new daughter born this past December). The VM didn't say how he had died so I naturally thought maybe a car accident or something like that. No, he died of sepsis. They have no idea how he got the infection in the first place. They think it might have been from a skin rash he had. He felt bad at the end of the week and went to his doctor; the doctor said it was a virus--go home and rest. Sunday a.m. he couldn't stand so his wife called for an ambulance. He passed away Monday morning.

I'm trying to get ready to drive down to Texas to be with her and her family, but I can't seem to stay on task or think straight. My mind just keeps saying, "Oh my God, he's dead, he's dead!!! The grief in my heart and in my head feels like it's going to explode. I've been through the death of a close loved one more times than I care to remember, but the circumstances of this one are hitting particularly hard. I'm sorry to bother you with this, but I just needed to talk. Please hug your children extra tight tonight and say a prayer for this family. Thank you.

Comments (8)