SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon01_gw

DD update for those who have helped me.

Shannon01
13 years ago

She is doing much, much better. Summer has given her a needed break.

She started whitewater kayaking and she and dad are really bonding. It is wonderful. She is changing up her sports and taking up volleyball this Fall in school. We discussed her grades and one issue for sure is that we will remove her from Band if she does not turn in her homework slips every week. She may get an A in class but the homework is part of class and her laziness will no longer be tollerated. We have spend many hours talking about her actions. I have been blunt and never thought I would have to be so graffic with my child but it is necessary.

So, the other day I gave her a decision to make. I told her she could chose the life that is full of bad decisions and live with the consequences, or she could decide that these negative actions and friends are not going to get her anywhere in life and any of the things she desires so much. I gave her one day to decide. All of the sudden at the end of the day, my girlfriend was visiting, she comes downstairs and shouts out that she wants the better life. I told her that this decision comes with a heavy amount of responsibility and that I would be there for her along the way. She said she knows it means she will basically have no social life. I assured her that it was just the opposite, she will have a huge social life, even better than before. But this time it will be full of only those who want to be with her, not abuse her.

My sis came to visit and noticed a huge change also. DD is more helpful at home, participating in family life and overall seems happier. She still has to be monitored and is aware that she is.

I really do appreciate all the feedback I received from all of you. No matter what was said, it takes a village to raise a child and so it is much appreciated.

I am just so happy to see her so happy, so herself.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County