SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_midtn

Commercial Carpet in a Home??

sharon_midtn
14 years ago

Hi, I need to replace carpeting in our finished, walk-out basement. The previous owners had put in a kitchen carpet, which has been great, but the rubber backing is breaking down after many years. If they still sold kitchen carpet that's what I'd replace it with and I'm looking for something similar. The basement has a large rec room and office and the whole area gets used a lot. It has a door to the back yard and gets a lot of in and out traffic by both me and my husband doing yard work and gardening. Also it has big windows and I need something that doesn't get faded by the light. I need something durable, doesn't fade, easy to clean etc. because of the high traffic. Also we've had minor water problems in the past and I *think* we have those issues solved. The old carpet was great because I just used a wet vac to get the water up or if it was just a little water, towels worked. I'm thinking that maybe I want a commercial carpet that can be glued down or with a very thin mat. Anybody have experience or knowledge about commercial carpet or a home carpet that would met my needs? I do want something that looks nice and feels okay with bare feet, I just don't think the typical home carpet and nice mat would be right for this area.

I know tile sounds like the perfect solution but I don't want it for several reasons.

Comments (11)