SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angie_diy

Breezy could use a lift

angie_diy
12 years ago

Dear GW family,

One of our family members, Breezygirl, is suffering right now. She received some bad news about her father recently. She conveyed this in the "New to Kitchens" thread, a pained voice seeking an outlet among friends.

On Tuesday, May 1, she wrote:

My father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last week. I needed to tell someone while I sit here bawling my eyes put again for another day.

Pancreatic cancer is horrible from what I'm learning. Five year survival rate is about 15%. I knew at some point I'd have to face the loss of a parent, but I buried my head in the sand.

He's having a biopsy tomorrow and meets with an oncology surgeon on Friday morning way up north in the big city.

Understandably, she could not start a GW KF thread regarding this. However, I have communicated privately with her. I know that she would appreciate the concern and support of we who have become "members of her family." As a member of that clan, I felt it important to share this news with the other members, who, I am sure, would like to offer their support.

Dear Wendy, our thoughts and prayers are with your dad, with you, and with your family. I wish you comfort and peace.

Comments (115)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz