SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonnieann925

Rosacea anyone?

bonnieann925
9 years ago

Yesterday I went to my opthamologist for an eye exam. She informed me that I have rosacea on my face, by no signs of it in my eyes. I was shocked! In March at my annual physical, my internist found a red spot on the tip of my nose and sent me off to a dermatologist. I ended up with the finding that the spot at the tip of the nose is "nothing". I went back for a whole body scan, where a small red area on the side of my nose was enough of a concern that she asked me to come back in 3 months if it hasn't disappeared. NO mention of rosacea from the derm!

I'm going to schedule the 3 month follow-up, but in the meantime, I am befuddled by this recent diagnosis. My opthamologist is great. She recommended omega 3 oils as a supplement as the first line of treatment for a mild case.

Has anyone been diagnosed with this? According to rosacea.org it is common, and many people have it and are unaware.

I went to the beach today and slathered sunscreen on my face and kept under a wide-brim hat, but still I know the sun is not kind to the skin, despite all that.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES