SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
williemon

engineered glue down wood floor not sticking

williemon
11 years ago

This is a new constructed house. Had engineered hardwood floor glued down to concrete. Moved in last october. All was well until january. Wood floor started to come unglued in many places, making hollow sounds, moving when walked on, popping, ticking noises. Told builder and worked with them from then till this past september. They only would use the drytac as a repair for this. Problem is that they were out no less that 3 times, drilled about 30 holes each time in the wood floor to inject the glue and now I still cant walk more that two steps before a plank or two pops, ticks, creaks or lifts back up where I just picked my foot up from.

Now its hit the one year mark but at month 11 I asked that the entire floor be pulled up and redone. Builder turned it over to the subs insurance who said something about the subs policy would not cover material but will cover labor. We had the builder to buy the flooring where they told us we should and we purchased within their allowance cost.

How should I handle this? Isn't the builder or sub responsible for the total cost to pull up floor, buy new wood planks and install correctly?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH