SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koala_em

Dog killed my daughter's kitty.... I need to whine

koala_em
18 years ago

Need to whine here!

Last week our 8yo daughter's kitten (14 weeks)was on a RARE outside excursion. She was on the fence border our house and our side neighbour. The dog from the other back neighbours house jumped the back fence into our side neighbours house then jumped up to our side fence and savaged our little kitty to death. : (

The authorities came and got the dog, and it hasn't returned. The authorities will charge the back neighbours with having a dangerous animal. As to whether it will return, this remains to be seen.

My 8yo saw this happen to her kitten, as did my other 2 chn and our side neighbours daughter. My 8yo is now devastated, and is having nightmares that the remaining dog will jump the fence and kill her too.

I am so POed at the back neighbours because even after more than a week they haven't said sorry at all. It's as if my daughter's pet meant nothing, and her emotional upset is worth nothing.

To top it off the back neighbours have got a NEW dog of the same type!

We had bought her this kitten after a terrible 2005 where she was bullied at school. We felt the cat would give her a special friend when she felt low and certainly this plan had work out. She adored the kitten, and often snuggled it and smothered it with love.

We are thinking of waiting a few months and getting her a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I couldn't bear another kitty being mauled.

Anyway, that's my whine.

Em

Comments (32)