SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blondelle_gw

Dishonest Oil Companies in NYC

blondelle
16 years ago

I've gone through so many oil companies that I've lost track. We have a two family house and keep the thermostat at 68 day and night. My tenant says most of the time they don't use the heat as they get reflected heat from my apartment, and they like it very cool. We have never used more than 125 gallons or so a month in the coldest weather.

Anyway, I just got a bill saying they delivered 639 gallon for three months from November to March. We lowered the thermostat 2-3 degrees and there were lots of warmer days recently in the high forties and fifties. Is that VERY high usage for about 90 days?

Anyone know the average oil consumption a month for a two family house

Also, they topped a large tank last March, and in November delivered over 400 gallons saying they topped my tank again. This wasn't really even heating weather during that time.

Am I wrong to get upset? Something seems wrong here. I'm going to have the truck checked that delivered my oil. What can I do? I don't have an accurate guage, and a new one costs too much to put in and I don't even think they can put another kind in my tank the way it is. They are a member of the NYPIRG fuel oil group and I also called them to complain.

They were supposed to take me off auto delivery, OK the amount of oil with me, and the price before delivering, but they topped my tank and delivered oil to me anyway.

I would really appreciate any advice? Thanks!

Comments (32)