SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arthistoryboy

Rheem Prestige 16 SEER + 90-Plus Modulating Furnace Package

arthistoryboy
15 years ago

Hey everyone - Well I have narrowed down the choice to replace my current 1971 (!!!!) Lennox Furnace and 8 SEER Lennox AC (1986) with a Rheem Prestige AC Unit and a 90-Plus Modulating Upflow Furnace. I considered a Carrier Infinity series, but more than one HVAC guy showed that the increased cost of the Carrier system did not really benefit me over the long term (at least as much as the Rheem Prestige which had a greater return financially over the long run--and looked to be a quieter system, too). Is this true?

My question is whether the RGFD-10EZCMS is the best choice for the furance or whether another Rheem Furnace would be more efficient or better to install. The quote also pairs this with the RARL048JEZ 16 SEER Prestige 2-stage scroll AC. Would the 18 SEER be better? I have had quotes for both of these units. The lowest cost I have thus far received for the above furnace and AC is $8,005.41 for all installation, plus inclusion of a humidity control digital thermostat (Big Blue), an Aprilaire humidifier (Model #600), and a 2200 Space Gard Air Filtration system. Does this sound reasonable? The people who quoted the system (who also have serviced my AC since I moved here) also are changing out the lineset as a part of this cost. I live in Wichita, Kansas.

Any thoughts? :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!