SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustard00_gw

tiling and front door threshold issues

mustard00
15 years ago

Hi

Currently having tile guy install a rectified tile throughout the house. Having installed as a "marble" installation in order to ensure that floor is leveled as well as a 1/16" grout line and diagonal. As a result of the floor being made level I need to cut the bottom of the interior doors. I was ready for that but don't know what to do with front door and threshold.

At the level that it is going the interior floor will be higher than the threshold. Threshold has been removed and front door barely swings open. My original floor had tile up to threshold. On outside of door there was an outside tile on the little step (maybe 5" high). Threshold then covered where they both met.

Do I replace outside tile with a different outdoor tile that would bring it level with indoor tile in order to put new threshold on top? OR

Tile guy also suggested bringing tile through to the front and then tiling the entry step with same tile and then threshold in middle for door. Is that done? The tile is a porcelain made to look like travertine.

Clueless with these last minute decisions. Please help.

Comments (2)