SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Applying floor finish - your tips and tricks (lighting?)

Debbie Downer
10 years ago

Got the sealcoat down today and it looks great on my old fir - Bona Deeptone Sealer - when they said it would give more color like a solvent base I was worried it miightbe too much like that dingy brown of oil base poly but no - it jazzes up the 100 year old color nicely but without being darker or

Anyway - my only goof was a few small puddles where I just couldnt see well (luckily in an out of the way place) - I had overhead lights on, I had a clamp light on, plus indirect light from window and yet I missed a couple of spots. Could yall educate me about how I would light up a floor to be able to see well enoughto catch the ridges and puddles and missed spots - If I have to rig up some special lights I will.

The water base is a learning curve for me - everything I learned doing oil base poly is out the window. Supposed to pour it on the floor, supposed to shake it!

Need to get a better feel for application flow rate - how much is too much, how much is not enough.

Is roller application any easier than the pad method? Im thinking it might be simply because Im more familiar with the feel of it (from decades of painting walls).

Comments (18)