SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmhall2000

Stained and poly'd first coat\ how do I protect it?

lmhall2000
16 years ago

It's kind of hard to type with all that staining! I feel the pain! Yes, I did it by myself (wipe on, wipe off) for 1200 sq. feet of oak! EEK! It won't win any awards but the poly really made it look better...I used Fabulon and rolled it on, cutting in the corners with a brush...this week I have cabinets, a drywall guy coming to make repairs, and general fix ups...I plan on having the wood floor installer come back and buff for the final coat after all this work gets done...can I lay black tarp on top of the floor? Should I use butcher paper and tape it down? Or should I just leave it and hope nothing gets dropped on the floor (like mud from drywall)....thanks!!!

Also on installing the quarter round, any preferences on whether to paint to match trim or stain to match floors? I have a built in bookcase and a fireplace hearth that would look weird with the painted trim coming next to it...is it common to mix paint/stain trim? And if so, do you prepaint/stain them before they're nailed in, then just putty the nail holes??

Tara

Comment