SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rococogurl

Baby Intelligence Needed

rococogurl
16 years ago

OK all you first time and experienced Grandmas out there. I'm new to this game so I'm hoping you will share your wisdom.

We have upcoming visit of Dh's 1 y.o. grandson & parents. First visit since pregnancy so I'm looking to must-haves.

I'm thinking a Pack n Play (crib sub) and one of their folding high chairs -- one of my friends has that for hers. Do I need sheets and quilt for the PnP? Their chairs look ok. Our tables don't accomodate a clip on, which would be nicest.

I have my eye on a musical toy I think he'll like (he loves the Mozart Cube we gave him), some balls and some cars.

I've seen him go for things on the low shelves and thought I'd move out my things in the library and kitchen and stock the low shelves with little surprises. Seems like perfect parking places for cars and blocks.

He crawls and stands but just getting ready to walk.

Any suggestions of good non-toxic toys would be helpful. Ditto if there's a better system than Pack N Play for sleeping, or on the high chair.

Does anyone know if the TMX red Elmo is better than the Big Blue Cookie Monster? Are those OK materials wise? The CM sounds like it would be great since it rolls over laughing. Far as I can tell from reviews on Amazon (some don't make much sense) the red Elmo just yells.

Other/all suggestions/intelligence would be most welcome. TIA

Comments (17)