SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Anyone drive a Mazda 5?

Sueb20
11 years ago

I'm in the market for the smallest possible vehicle that has three rows of seating, and I think the Mazda 5 may be the winner. We need three rows on occasion, not every day at all, and the people who would occasionally use the third row are small: my petite 11 yo DD and/or one of our dogs. So the third row doesn't need to be spacious, it just needs to exist! I have been driving a 2011 Honda Pilot for two years. I'm short and I hate driving this car that feels like a bus. I drove an Odyssey for years before the Pilot, and that, to me, was easier to drive in terms of parking and general visibility. In two years, I haven't gotten used to the "feel" of the Pilot -- I constantly have the feeling that I'm going to hit something on either side of me. I know it's weird but DH has finally said, "Get what you want."

I'm also eyeballing the Acura MDX and Volvo xc90, but the Mazda is the smallest and seems to get good reviews. Problem is, I have literally seen only ONE of them on the road, so I'm wondering why they're not more popular? The other drawback is that the closest dealer to me is about 45 minutes away, which will be a PITA when I need service. Our Honda dealer is about 2 miles from our house, which has been so convenient. Acura and Volvo dealers are also much more convenient.

Comments (19)