SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

Purse stolen last night

CaroleOH
14 years ago

Well it was my fault, so I can't be mad at anyone but myself! I have a habit of leaving my purse in the car in the garage - I know stupid.

DH is out of town this week and he always checks to make sure the garage door is closed before coming to bed. I didn't even think about it. Locked the front door and went to bed last night.

Got up this morning and DS needed some money and when I went out to my car to get my purse I realized the garage door was up and the garage light had been on all night. I knew that was not good. Opened the car and my cubby inbetween the seats lid was open and looked like it had been rifled through. Purse gone.

Keys still in car, golf clubs still here, hockey stuff etc. Nothing else was taken.

So, I'm off to get a new DL and ATM card at the bank. Closed my VISA and Macy's card, and called the bank to stop payment on two checks I had left in the checkbook....But, there are deposit slips in there and they have my DL. Bank says I should close the checking account. Yikes, DH is going to kill me - we have direct deposit, auto bill pays all kinds of things with this checking account. Plus he's out of town, so his ATM card will not work!

Do you think I should close the account? I think it was kids looking for quick money - they could have stolen the freaking car if they really wanted something. Plus the house was wide open and they could have come in a taken our TV etc.

So I'm a little freaked out about someone being so close to me and my kids while we slept. Of course my attack dog - the fearless goldendoodle slept through the entire theft. So much for his security properties!

So what I've learned from this - do not leave your purse in the car, do not leave your garage door up at night, do not carry any checks in your purse because that's the worse part about getting your purse stolen!

Off to get my DL and ATM card.

Comments (17)