SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thomaspultz

Lennox G71 Pressure Switch Error Code 228 - Debris in Sense Port

14 years ago

I would be curious if other G71 owners have ever gotten error code 228 and if so, whether they got the problem permanently resolved.

When the furnace starts up the 1st time or after a power outage, it runs a calibration procedure and measures the pressure in the inducer plenum. Our furnace was installed last April and about two weeks ago it started acting funny... running at a higher speed than normal and going through multiple CAL cycles. It finally quit making heat about a week ago.

The technician found some debris in the pressure port on the inducer. After that was cleaned out it ran fine... for three more days until it quit again with the same error code.

I checked the port and sure enough, there was some "fuzz" or other debris in the port. By the time I got something to clean it out the debris was gone. I hooked the pressure sensing hose back up and it's been fine so far.

The tech mentioned the G61 may have had this problem and Lennox had a fix. He was going to check if it applied to the G71 as well but so far I have not heard anything... so I was curious if others have had this problem and gotten it resolved.

Thanks.

Comments (2)