SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Installation question - laminate in son's room

14 years ago

Tomorrow I'm helping my son prep his fraternity room. The building was scheduled to be torn down; however due to economy it's on hold so he'll be in the room for 3 years. The room is 23' by 7'7" (strange size) Mid-way through the room there's a doorway type opening with a studwall on each side. Half of the room is from an original building & half is from a "newer addition" in the 60's. At this mid- point in the room there's a slight change in elevation. I haven't seen it but son says it's "noticeable as you walk or if you rub your foot over it"

On his own he purchased Swiftlock Caribbean Cherry laminate and each plank is 51" x 8". Two questions:

1) would you run the laminate the length of the room or crossways (i'm thinking crossways would be easier when it comes time to address the doorway) and 2) is there a product or suggestion as to how to address the slight elevation change in the doorway at midpoint?

Other projects are repairing holes in sheetrock & painting (Cabin Red- again his choice) Wish this Mom luck.

Comments (2)