SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chueh_gw

Heat worked find for 2 days after coil cleaned, now what???

chueh
10 years ago

Freon was added and the defrost board was replaced, but heat pump was still iced up. Thus, I asked for help here how to clean the coil. I was using the coil cleaner, and it really cleaned the coils so nicely like brand new. The heat worked so well and properly for two days.

NOW....the heat pump is not iced up anymore. The outdoor temperature has been OK these two days, so the system has not needed to work very hard. TODAY, it just sends out solely cool/cold air. When the heat pump coils iced up a week ago with the bad defrost and low freon, at least some very low warm air popped out intermittently. Thus, what's wrong now???? Ah......I don't want to call the HVAC guys again. 3 of them had come to check it earlier, yet nothing was thoroughly diagnosed..... I am tried of having them over..... Can anyone figure what's possibly wrong? Please help... thanks. Anything you can say, please?

Additional info* The technicians filled in "pipe sensor, vent sensor" in the "additional work proposed" box on their work sheet. They did not say any wrong with pipe or vent sensor though. Do they have something to do the the system just sending out the cold air??

This post was edited by chueh on Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 15:39

Comments (8)