SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
206nan

Parenting advise needed: 14 yr. old and missing assignments

Mimou-GW
17 years ago

My oldest son will be 15 in May. He is a good kid, very social and very bright but very disorganized. We moved last spring (new state, new school). At the old school he was very popular. When I asked him if he felt like just another cog in the wheel at his new school he responded that at the old school he WAS the wheel.

His grades in school are not what they should be. His science teacher sent me a report showing 10 missing assignments. I have found them all, all are completed. 8 have been initialed and checked by another student (swapping papers to correct). But he didn't turn them in. According to DS they were not collected on the day they were checked and he couldn't find them when they were supposed to turn them in. I told him its like going to work but not bothering to collect your pay check. This isn't the only class this is happening in I got an email from his Spanish teacher with the same story. A new semester is about to start and I want to help him find a way to get organized and motivate him. He needs to care about his grades. He knows this is high school and the stakes are high if he wants to get into the college of his choice. Any tips to help him keep organized or things you did to motivate your teen?

Comments (14)