SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Bubble Wrap Insulation

Debbie Downer
15 years ago

Hello, I've been researching bubble wrap to use in my BRRRR cold uninsulated house. Yeah, I know theres things I am looking intoo for long term solution but in the meantime I want to attach bubblewrap insulation to those walls that are adjacent to the outside. I may attach fabric to the side facing indoors so that it looks attractive.

There seems to be 2 kinds, clear/transulecent made for green houses and the type with the reflective backing. Is there any benefit to using one over the other? If I use the reflective backing does that face the inside of the house or the outside?

And, do you have an opinion about whether I'll notice a difference? Right now its so bad that the air in the center of the house registers a temp of about 68 degrees but the air near the exterior walls/windows register about 10-15 degrees lower. A guy came over yesterday re: the attic insulation and was measuring the temps of my house with the infrared detector. He said the windows were doing a better job of insulating the house than the walls! HAHAHHA! (these are cement block walls & the windows are just the flimsy old single pane glass)

We are having another wave of subzero temps this weekend here in Wisconsin so pls. tell me ASAP everything and anything about bubble wrap insulation!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio