SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattycat42

Lost my mom and mother in law

Pattycat42
13 years ago

Hi everyone.This is my first posting although Ive been reading this forum for a couple weeks.On October 24th I lost my best friend,my mom.She was only 64 yrs old. We had talked the night before like we always did and by the next morning she was gone.Ever since that day my life has been turned upside down.I had a really tough November.I couldnt sleep,eat,or concentrate on anything.I walked around in a daze and just cried all the time.My husband was very worried about me and kept telling me I had to be here for my kids.I didnt care.My mom was gone amd my life was over.A couple weeks after my mom passed,my hubbys mother was diagnosed with liver and lung cancer.She suffered for a couple weeks and just passed away Dec 13. I wasnt able to go see her when she was dying and I feel bad about that but my hubby says she didnt even recognize anyone at the end.I feel like Im doing alot better now coping with my mothers death.I went to my doctor two weeks after my mom died and he started me on medication which I think is helping.I also am going to be starting counseling this coming week.The thing is,my mom died so unexpectedly.We talked the night before about all the things that we had planned for that week.Then she just died in her sleep.We were best friends and I just dont know how Im gonna go on without her.Some days I feel not too bad like I can go on,other days I just want to curl up and die.I think about her all the time.I miss her so much.Im also tormented wondering where she is now.My mom was no saint but she was a good mother who took good care of me and my brothers when we were kids.She was never mean or abusive.She was a loving grandmother.She was never religeous but she did believe in God. My greatest hope is that I will see her again some day.If I didnt have that then Id be dead by now.I think its also strange that my mother died so suddenly without warning and my mil died less than 2 months later and it was expected.I keep thinking of the 2 of them in Heaven together,talking about us down here,Well thank you for letting me share my story.

Comments (6)

Sponsored