SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rpfingsten

thermostat set back

rpfingsten
15 years ago

Hey guys... can someone please give me an educated answer to the following thermostat issue I have. I have honeywell vision pro 8000 stats. I have read conflicting reports on whether or not it's best to keep your temperature settings close or not to run at peak efficency. I currently have out stats programmed as follows wake @ 68, leave @ 60, return @ 68 and sleep @ 66. The stats have something called Intelligence recovery. Is it ok to leave my settings as far apart as I have then 60 to 68... or should I have the setting for leave closer to 64 or 65. By better, I'm wondering about two things, (1) what is best for the heat pumps and (2) my cost to leave the settings the way they are. I realize with an 8 degree temperature spread, when they come back on so will the aux. heat. But isn't that short burst of aux heat still alot cheaper than having the unit run more during the time we're not at home? Which is actually BETTER for the heat pumps. I appreciate any input you can lend... thanks again.

Roland

Comments (9)