SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
springroz

Scammers....

springroz
9 years ago

We are afraid DH's lovely aunt is in the clutches of a scammer. Yesterday, I was going to ask if anyone was familiar, but DH was busy on. Google, and it is fairly well confirmed.

She was married at 14, and widowed about 15-20 years ago. Until a couple of years ago, I don't think she had any "romantic" interests at all. She was the object of some attention from an old coot, and was thrilled to have attention, but he wanted a companion who would pay her own way, and not touch one Penny of his. She figured this out after 2 years, and apparently, this relationship gave her the confidence to sign up for some dating website.

Last weekend ,DH stopped for a visit on his way through her town. She showed him a picture of her new "boyfriend" , standing in front of his yacht, then one of him with his sports car. " He's MINE", she told him. "We may be getting married, when he gets back from Africa." He told her he is in Africa, buying antique furniture, has a 5 year old daughter, lost his wife to cancer a couple of years ago, and loves older women. Wants a mother for his daughter. Insatiable sexual appetite. Etc., etc.

This is apparently a fairly common dating web scam, and she fell, hook, line and sinker. We think she may have sent him some money, but she doesn't have much, so he won't get too far with that.

I just thought I would let you all know, if you are on a dating site, be careful.

Nancy

Comments (7)