SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dean_henderson_gw

Trane 5 Ton A/C and 95% Furnace Price Check

dean_henderson
14 years ago

I have a quote for a Trane 5 Ton Air Conditioner and a 5 Ton 95% Efficiency Furnace. The cost is $4600 for the equipment and $1600 for labor for a total of $6200 covering all costs and taxes. This is in Central Calif where it gets pretty hot in the summer.

The quote says the equipment qualifies for $1500 Federal Rebate and $300 rebate from local power company.

Others quotes have been from $7000 with no rebate to $8700 with comparable rebate, but the quote I am asking about is thru a recommendation by a close friend and the company doing the work is licensed and appears to be very reputable. I just want to double check on whether this sounds like a reasonable quote.

Part Numbers:

4TTB3060A1000 - 5 Ton A/C w/high efficiency coil

TTUH1B110A960 - 5 Ton 95% Furnace

Quote says:

Remove existing split system. Install new 5 ton Trane Brand gas and electric split system. The new system will be installed in the same location as the existing system (a/c - back yard and furnace  utility closet), connect new furnace to existing platform stand. Seal new furnace and coil to existing sheet metal supply plenum; seal all accessible ducting for optimum air flow and balance. Install new digital thermostat, electrical disconnect, gas flex hose, flue system, and fuses. New flue system will penetrate through utility closet wall, into garage and terminate outside. Connect new system to existing 220 volt electrical circuits (a/c), 110 volt electrical circuit (furnace), refrigeration line, drain lines and gas line.

Installation includes removal and disposal of old units, all misc. materials, labor, and taxes. All work to be performed in compliance with local building codes. New a/c system is complete with new R410-A refrigerant.

Thanks

Comments (7)