SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockmanor

U.S.-made sandals : )

rockmanor
12 years ago

If I've mentioned this company before, I apologize for repeating myself but their recent customer service has really impressed me. Last year, I bought several pairs of flip-flops and slides for all of our family from Okabashi, mostly because they manufacture their sandals in Georgia. They're inexpensive and I figured if I couldn't wear mine, I'd put them in our next donation bag. Because of several foot problems, including PF, I haven't worn flip-flops in decades. It turned out that I can wear Okabashi's comfortably. They make good house shoes in the warm weather months (I wouldn't go barefoot even if I could, because we get scorpions inside several times a month.) Dh loves his slides, too.

Right after I placed a second order last week, the top strap on dh's slides split. I emailed the company, explained that I don't recall the date of purchase, attached a photo of the problem and asked if I needed to return the sandals (they offer a two year warranty.) A CSR responded very quickly, saying the photo was sufficient and that dh's new sandals would be sent out promptly. Both my new order and his free replacement arrived today.

If you could use beach sandals, flip-flops, or shower sandals for your college age kids, check them out. I'm always looking for U.S. companies to support, and I hope these folks prosper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Okabashi's colorful flip-flops

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    12 years ago

Oooo! How fun. Just shared the link on my FaceBook page. 15 colors gotta love that! :)

• barb5
    12 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on this company. I'm always looking for good products that are made in the USA too, and it is great to get a testimonial from someone who has tried the product.

• work_in_progress_08
    12 years ago

Love products made in the USA. I am wondering if the shoes are all plastic, are the comfortable? Never owned a pair of shoes make exclusively from plastics.

Thanks for sharing the site, they sure have alot of options.

• terezosa / terriks
    12 years ago

And I always thought that Okabashi was an Asian company. The flip flops are cute and perfect for the beach, especially in so many colors.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Thanks! Always looking for made in USA products myself and these are great since the company will recycle them. Very cool.

• amj0517
    12 years ago

Oooohh! I like! Do they run true to size?

• Jeane Gallo
    12 years ago

I have a M size pair of flip flops and I should have ordered the ML. I normally wear a size 8. My heels don't hang over the back, but just barely. They advertise that you can wash them in the dishwasher, but I haven't tried it. I have plantar fasceitis and needed something to wear around the house, so I don't wear out my 'good' flip flops. Ha! They are holding up well and are comfortable.

• rockmanor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Work_in_progress_08, I ordered, but haven't yet tried, the clogs. My plan was to set them aside for cooler weather and wear thin cotton socks with them (as house shoes only.) That's what I did with a pair of Crocs back when I could find them made in the USA. I like having something that's easy to kick off since I keep my feet elevated when sitting (& don't like to rest shoes on the ottomans.) As for the sandals, I find them comfortable.

Amj0517, I think they probably run true to size for average feet. My feet are somewhat deformed, despite surgery on both, and wide, so I order one size larger than the chart indicates and that works fine.

BTW, I didn't notice before, but they also have a line under the brand "OKA b" that include some with cute ribbons and flowers. The prices are a little higher than for the original styles, but are still in line with (or less than) similar imported sandals.

Here is a link that might be useful: Even more styles