SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisazone6_ma

Back From Philadelphia!!

lisazone6_ma
14 years ago

Well, my entire trip to Philly was a comedy of errors from start to finish!!

We were supposed to fly out early Friday morning and come back Monday afternoon. We had a huge storm Thursday night and my sister had two huge trees fall across her driveway that took out her power lines and trapped her in the house. So she couldn't get out so we missed our flight. We rescheduled for the next morning and I drove up and got her so she could stay at my mom's for the night as she had no heat. Then didn't they cancel our flight the next day!! So we regrouped and booked on Amtrak and flew out of the house literally 20 minutes before the train was leaving - thankfully I'm only 5-10 minutes from downtown Boston!! We got to the train 5 minutes before it left and we arrived in Philly at 12:30 Saturday afternoon. We had to take the train home as well because we couldn't get a straight flight for less than $500!!! So we lost close to 2 days of our trip with arriving late and having to leave 5 hours earlier than we planned.

But the flower show was wonderful and of course I just LOVE that Reading Terminal Market, altho I didn't have quite as much time to eat my way thru it as I originally planned!

We had dinner at a great Vietnamese restaurant Saturday night and we found a fabulous Indian restaurant for Sunday night. I had some great cookies from 4th Street Cookies and of course I hit the Amish stalls Monday morning before we left and brought home some nice thick cut bacon and I got some sticky buns - I have my last one here on my desk to have for my breakfast this morning!

I spent way too much money at the show and thought I was going to die carrying my bags to and from the train station they were so heavy! My arms are killing me today!!

But I enjoyed my time there, even tho it was less than I planned. And again - sorry Lou that I didn't get to meet up with you at the market! I'm going to try my hardest again next year!! I think I might even plan to stay an extra day just to make sure!!

Lisa

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations