SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
confusedanddazed

Lost my dad, just need to talk (or write)

confusedanddazed
16 years ago

My dad passed away at the end of this past May of a heart attack. He was only 54 and it was completely unexpected. I spoke with him on the phone about 2 hours before it happened...he was on a job interview. The only reason I was home was because it was 3 days before my law school graduation, something that meant so much to him and he will never see. I feel like things should be easing a bit by now, but if anything they are getting worse. I miss him everyday and most of the time I still don't believe that it actually happened. I just keep waiting for him to come him and to wake up for a horrible dream. Now, I am at a point in my life where I need and have so many questions to ask him and I feel utterly lost. He gave me confidence and now I dont know where to get it from.

I am the middle child of 5. Three of my siblings have their own families and they seem to be very busy and I feel guilty because I envy them. After I graduated, I moved to my parents house in a state where I know no one to help my mom. I have been there with her and my high school sister trying to help, but I can get a grip on things. MY mom is so sad and there is nothing i can do to ease it. And it makes me even sadder to think of her pain.

I always felt that I would be surrounded by people if I needed them, but I feel abandoned. My friends have long ago stopped asking about things, and that is when I hear from them. I dont even really know what I want from them but I just feel like there is a huge whole in my life and I just wish there was someone to lean on. I just feel so alone and I cannot share this with anyone cause I am trying to support my mom and my sister but I miss him so much. Everything reminds me of him and I just want to talk to him. It upsets me so much that should i ever get married my husband and kids will never know him. Who will I ever talk about him to? The more time that passes, the more it bothers me because I feel like each day I lose him more. How in the world do you ever let go? I realize that this is not a question easily answered, but any advice helps.

Comments (8)

Sponsored