SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluestarrgallery

Shame on Siemens-Dishwasher/Floor Fiasco Solved-My Miracle

bluestarrgallery
16 years ago

I have been through almost a two year fiasco with my brand new Siemens/Bosch dishwasher leaking on my brand new cherry laminate floors the first time I tried to use it. Then Siemens/Bosch giving me the run around and then finally finding out that the dishwasher leaked because of a factory defect (which they never informed the public about). A wiring harness configured too short caused the electrical system (the failsafe system they kept saying wouldn't allow their dishwasher to leak) to malfunction and allowed the dishwasher to overfill and leak.

Then I found out I couldn't find the same laminate to match because they (Siemens insurance company) dragged their feet so long and only reimbursed me for the part of the floor that was damaged. I have since found out that it is insurance company standard to replace the whole floor in the line of sight - which never having made a claim I didn't know - then I wouldn't have needed the exact same laminate - but could have gone with a similar but different batch.

Bottom line, never let the big companies like Bosch/Siemens tell you it is your plumbers fault the dishwasher leaked (then I called a different plumber to check the first plumber's work at my expense and he coulnd't find a problem with the plumbing). Then Siemens/Bosch sent an appliance repair person of theirs to check the plumbing and he couldn't find anything wrong with the plumbing in my house. Then the Siemen's/Bosch factory rep came and tested and tested and couldn't find anything wrong with the plumbing - he tried like "you know what" to prove it was our fault. Then the Siemen's/Bosch insurance person argued with me still saying it wasn't their dishwasher that leaked and things dragged on an on - with many letters and faxes on my part and no one returning my calls, etc. etc. I can't believe a company as big as Bosch/Siemens spent that much money sending the factory rep, an appliance repair person, an insurance person to argue with me for months - just to save a few bucks for a dishwasher that they knew had a faulty wiring harness which caused it to overfill and leak and they knew it all along - just didn't want the public to know. Never let them tell you some other appliance must have leaked when you know darn well that isn't true. Never settle for less than you deserve from them when they have put you through the ringer for months. Go and purchase the laminate yourself right away instead of waiting for them to reimburse you - because you may not find the laminate when you need it after they send you a measly small pittance of an amount to barely cover your costs and make you sign your life away just to get that small amount of dollars.

Originally my carpet store said they could get the same laminate, but when I went back to the carpet store, they said they couldn't find the laminate. So I have spent a week or more searching and posting on forums with no results, searching the internet with no results, calling tons of stores, searching tons of online stores, having samples shipped to me and them not being the same color or size, searching all the ebay postings for laminate (18 pages of them).

If I didn't find the same laminate I was going to have to pull up all the laminate in the kitchen, family room, entry and hallway and replace it with something else at my cost. We are on a limited budget and couldn't really afford to redo all the floors and couldn't finish the rest of our floors till we knew if we could find the laminate or we'd just have to do without finished floors in one part of the house or another till we could afford to save the money.

NOW GET THIS - Finally I had given up all hope but decided to call a chain store (I had asked them about a year ago and they didn't have any) to do a regional search as a last resort. Another store of this chain in a city 5 hours away from me had some of my same laminate returned to them one week before I called. Apparently some people had purchased this laminate 2 years before and never used it and had returned it unopened to the store. I drove the 5 hours one way the next day (they didn't do store transfers) and got my same laminate - and it matches perfectly. WHAT A MIRACLE ! Now I have a kitchen floor again (in my brand new kitchen that I never got to use as a brand new kitchen because I didn't have a floor for so long). My refrigerator is now back in the kitchen instead of the dining area squished up against the dining table.

Now I can finally move on to finishing up the rest of my house remodel. Ain't life grand!

Comment (1)