SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beverly238

Loss of both My Parents

Beverly238
12 years ago

My Dad fractured his hip, came through the surgery, and was transferred to a Re-hab for therapy before coming back home. My Mom fractured her hip 6-days later (opposite side from my Dad), and after a successful surgery, went to same Re-hab in same room with my Dad so they could rehabilitate together. There was an out-break of a deadly infection called C-Dif on the second floor of the facility. Both parents were transported to the ER on 7/4, after me telling the nursing staff repeatedly that there was something very wrong with my Parents. The professionals kept telling me that my Parents were elderly, in an unfamiliar environment, on medication, etc..

On 7/13 my Mom died, and on 8/10 my Dad died. I feel that if I had been more aggressive with the "Professionals" my Parents would still be here. My Parents and I were very close (I'm an only child). We saw each other every day, and did a lot of things together. I just finished moving everything from their apartment to my home, and am now dealing with all of the financial stuff with an attorney.

I miss them both terribly.......

Comment (1)

Sponsored