SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lulie___wayne

Cell Phone and Home Phone Signs

lulie___wayne
13 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has gotten any messages from your loved ones via phone.

My dad died August 6, 2009. Dad used to always want me to call him when I returned to my house from his just to let him know I got home safely. Two hours after he passed away, we were all still at his house and I had just sat down at his desk and put my cell phone down on the desk. I was speaking to my brother, and I got a tone telling me that I had a voice message. I thought that was strange because my phone had not rang. I listened to it and it was a message from my dad. He had called me a couple of weeks before because I hadn't called him yet after I got home and he was worried. He said that he was just checking on me to make sure that I had made it home okay, etc. It was so wonderful to hear his voice. I feel that he was telling me that HE made it "home" okay!

I couldn't understand how this would happen, so I called the phone company and asked what would make me get that message again without me trying to get it. They said that sometimes there are outages which causes this. I asked her to check the location, time, etc. and see if there were any outages. She told me,"no", and to consider this devine.

She said that you wouldn't believe the strange things that happen with cell phones after loved ones pass away.

The evening after my dad's funeral, I was talking to him and feeling really badly because I had accidentally deleted his message. As I was talking to him, our home phone rang, and on the caller ID on the phone, it read, "00000000 and No Name". I don't know what in the world this was and I've never seen this before without a number. There may be a logical reason for these two things happening, but the timing for both were amazing. I take it being Dad telling me, "It's nothing, don't worry about anything". I hope so!

It seems very typical of Dad sending an electronic message. He dealt with electronics for many years.

Thank you, Dad!

Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor