SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

A sort of Home Decor vent

9 years ago

So my husbands recliner is pretty worn out so as a Father's day gift I decided to give him a new one. I'm venting here as he is a a really good guy and I don't want to say anything about it to my real life friends. Just doesn't seem fair.

He is for some reason pretty set on Lazboy. Not sure why he won't consider others, guessing so he can replace them more often and not feel quilty. We started the search more than 6 months ago and I told him as long as it was the same scale as what we have now. He went and found one that he liked that is 6 inches taller than what he has now. Not exactly the same scale to me. Depth was only an extra inch (matters with walking path though) and width was just fine, but it would stick out as a sore thumb among our other furniture as that would make it more than 6" taller than the chair on the other side of the table of it or more than a foot taller than the other furniture in the room. To me it wouldn't fit scale wise. So I let it be for a while and then decided to make a list of all the ones with dimensions that would work or weren't too far off. I didn't even bother with how it looks, even if I didn't like the style I included it. I went through every single one on Lazboys website and put on a sheet of paper and said pick one.

He was going to stop on his way today to test them and I got a message back with only x fit me so I added y (5" too deep) and z, where z is the too tall one again. I already told him 6 months ago it was too tall. I texted back that it doesn't fit and he just said it fits me perfect.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr - Why couldn't he just say OK out of that list x fits me so lets get that one.

edit: Just got a text that said never mind then. I'm not sure how to take that one so I will take it in a positive way - although I have a feeling that is not how it was meant. He wants that darn z chair and I don't want a throne in our open floorplan.

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by lyfia on Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 18:41

Comments (26)