SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Updates after a hiatus

13 years ago

I promised Tina and Shee I'd share an update.. and well, this will be short and sweet. Why? Because I have done next to nothing in the house since I stopped posting/checking in here. Life got very hectic very quickly.. I have had a lot of stress and long hours with work and in the fall my dog who had had cancer took a quick turn for the worse. She died on January 2nd. Between caring for her in her final months, long hours at work, increased business travel and a bit of depression, I did little to improve (or even maintain) the house... or myself for that matter.

I am starting to feel normal and human again-- so along with trying to lose weight, exercise, quit smoking and give dating another chance, I have returned to working on the house! It's a time of change.

No, Tina.. I haven't done anything with the bedroom (other than buy a new quilt) and I still don't love those damn chairs LOL. I suspect I will be selling them at a garage sale for a mere fraction of what I paid for them. I don't even have a friend or sister who would like them.

It's been nice to read updates on everyone's projects and lives. I still won't have a lot of time to visit and post but I'll check in when I can. My progress will be slow.. but I look forward to hearing more about all of your progress!

Comments (26)