Gift

friend2U

Hello, I joined today because a friend has just lost her 7 yr. old daughter. She's been in ICU since May waiting for an organ donor, but sadly her body couldn't wait any longer. I have children & a grandson who we have almost lost several times due to Leukemia�.But I have never experienced what she is going through��
I purchased a lovely Mothers Necklace, which includes her 4 children..All of them�It is a high quality, hand made piece, A Mommy bird & 4 baby birds on a branch...
Now that I have it, I don't know if the timing is right to send??
Can anyone help me? I'm lost here

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PhoneLady

What a thoughtful gift. Any chance at all you can give it to her in person?

Save    
marie_ndcal

Does she wear jewelry? I would wait awhile until she goes thru the grieving process. Maybe in 6 mo or year?

Save    
sunnyca_gw

If you can give it in person you could tell her that you loved this piece & thought of her. Tell her if it's too soon to wear it she can put it aside until she feels like the time is right. Since it has all 4 children on it she may want to wear it right away & feel comforted wearing it. If you have to mail to her tell her the same thing & that you hoped it would comfort her. I think it was very thoughtful of you to get this for her.

Save    
sylviatexas1

It's a lovely gesture.

You have gotten some excellent advice from warm, kind people.

The quote that appears at the top of this forum seems to underscore what they've said.

'While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.' - Samuel Johnson

Save    
joann_fl

I'd wait also, maybe a birthday or Christmas gift?

Save    
xminion

I wouldn't wait. It's a heartfelt gift - she needs to know that's how you are emotionally supporting her.

Tomorrow is promised to no one. Do it now.

Save    
Karen10125

I hope you gave it to her, it was a lovely and thoughtful gift. I gave my friend an angel necklace when her mother died. I gave it to her right after the cemetery service. She told me a week later that she wore it to bed that night and every day since and it provided some comfort. I hope your gift does the same for your friend.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz Holiday Gift Guide: Luxury Gifts
By Houzz
Make someone’s year — or your own — with an out-of-this-world gift of art, furniture or lighting
See Products
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts Under $100, $50 and $25
By Houzz
Get a sneak peek at trending holiday gifts to fit any budget
See Products
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz Holiday Gift Guide: Cool Gifts for the Whole Family
By Houzz
Creative gift ideas for him, her, the kids and your pampered pet
See Products
We specialize in foundation and framing repair, remediation of wet basements, yard drainage and stream... Read More