SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

TV for Bedroom that will be on a night stand in the corner

susanlynn2012
16 years ago

I currently have a huge and heavy 25" Samsung TV in my bedroom that has lasted about 14 years and is running strong but is heavy.

My new Stanley Furniture in an Antique White color is arriving on Tuesday. My current set up will be a triple dresser with a mirror in front of my bed that will have no foot board (only an iron head board) due to the space limitation in my bedroom. I will have a chest of drawers to the right of my bed with a tiny iron table to hold water and a small alarm clock. The other side of my bed will have a bachelor's chest.

I was planning on putting the 28" high (26" wide) night stand in the corner with my Black big TV on it and the VCR/DVD player on top but now I wonder if it will be so heavy and I should buy an LCD TV. The space may be very tight if I put the bachelor's chest there with not much space between the triple dresser and the 36" wide bachelor's chest. But of course, when the furniture arrives I may think otherwise?

From hours of research online and finding a pretty white 26" Samsung LCD TV I loved at Best Buy, I found out they do not deliver to my NJ area and there are no Best Buy stores with this TV in stock anywhere near me.

Hence, my search continues. I have only basic cable and live in a townhouse and do not watch much TV but mainly watch DVD's and tape favorite shows using my VCR. I do have a few TV favorites so I still do use the TV. Do all LCD TV's use a cable box since I love that my current TV in my bedroom and in my family room (I have a 27" TV there that is more modern) are cable ready and need no cable box.

What type of TV should I buy that is not so heavy for me to move it if I need to move it, that will have a nice picture and will not look bad if I do not have digital cable yet. Unless, should I add digital cable?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions