SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rach4136_gw

help! our wood look tile was not laid in a random pattern!

rach4136
10 years ago

I am out of town with our 3 young kids while our kitchen and back room are being remodeled (I know, I know never leave during a reno) and my husband sent me pics of our new wood look tile floor. I am horribly disappointed! The tile installer laid the tiles in a pattern that I feel makes the floor look choppy and much more like tile than wood. I had assumed (I know, mistake #2) that the tiles would be laid randomly to look like a true hardwood floor as this is what seems to be the standard way of doing things based on all that I have read. I called our contractor (who I really like) to tell him about it and he said that he would go over and take a look. Before I talk to him I would like more opinions on how this should be handeled. For those of you out there who have installed wood look tiles, have or would you ever consider laying them in a pattern like this?
I know I am being picky but we spent a lot of money on the reno and I know that the opportunity to improve this part of our house won't come again for a very long time (my husband hates this kind of stuff).

Thank you in advance for any input you can offer!

Comments (11)