SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Ebay - Buy-it-Now instead of auction?

Jamie
11 years ago

It has been many years since I got excited about Ebay auctions. I thought it was just my constrained financial condition and the fact that I didn't want to collect any more stuff.

But now I have a few things to list. I've noticed that prices of items outside the most collectible stuff are a lot lower. For instance, I like the Beatrix Potter figurines. The best ones are still priced sky high, but the ones that used to be affordable are more affordable yet.

I'm seeing the same thing with purses.

I've listed my items very low; they come up at the beginning of the list when you sort "price plus shipping lowest first".

Anyway, that's not my question. Has a Buy-it-Now become the best way to sell commonplace items on Ebay. (I'm talking about things like Skechers shapeups with the box that are practically unworn, or vintage name brand purses).

I set up an auction for these things, but now I'm thinking maybe more people are like me, and just go on there to shop when they need a particular thing -- kind of like TJ Maxx on the desktop.

Should I change to Buy-it-Now?

If I do, I'll have to make the price high enough to include shipping. I must be missing something on shipping, because auctions are showing a shipping charge much lower than I calculated I could do it for.

Any shipping hints?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!