Has anyone lost an adult child?

mid_pen

I don't know how to deal with the sadness I'm feeling. The ache in my heart is unbearable.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BILL16WEST

Hi Mid Pen,

I have all the pain and feelings you are experiencing, my heart is broken and sore and I keep breaking down with tears and find my life unbearable.

Save    
mid_pen

I keep thinking, "How will we go on? How will we have Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, all the firsts since her death?" It seems beyond what I can imagine and it literally makes my heart hurt to think of it all. How old was your child? Mine was 37.

Save    
BILL16WEST

33 with three grandchildren 2,4,8. If it was not for my wife and two sons 20,25. I really don't think my life would be worth continuing.

Save    
mid_pen

Mine had no children. I think it would be easier, somehow, if she'd have had children because I'd have them to hold on to, but how awful it must be for those little ones. When I think that I'll never see her again, it just overwhelms me.

Save    
susie53_gw

My FIL never did get over his daughter dying. I think he mourned for her everyday. She had 5 children but they never knew how to respect anyone. So sad. Such a wonderful man.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Remodeling Guides One Guy Found a $175,000 Comic in His Wall. What Has Your Home Hidden?
Have you found a treasure, large or small, when remodeling your house? We want to see it!
Full Story
Life Houzz Call: What Has Mom Taught You About Making a Home?
Whether your mother taught you to cook and clean or how to order takeout and let messes be, we'd like to hear about it
Full Story
Kids’ Spaces Who Says a Dining Room Has to Be a Dining Room?
Chucking the builder’s floor plan, a family reassigns rooms to work better for their needs
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever