SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenniferw_gw

My, How Time Flies.....

jenniferw
17 years ago

I can't believe how fast time goes by. Today marks one year since my 57 year old mother died suddenly in her sleep. The time seems to have gone by so fast, yet in some ways, it seems like it happened only yesterday. I miss her so much. Sometimes I feel like the pain of losing her eats me up inside. Other times, I laugh and smile when I think of her sense of humor and something happens that we would have laughed and gossiped about. There's not a day that goes by when she doesn't cross my mind. Last night I was lying in bed thinking that just one year ago this was her last night on earth. I cried myself to sleep. I'm better today, and for some reason, although I'm so sad, I haven't really cried. It doesn't mean I don't miss or love her, it just means that I've come to terms with her death. I'm going out soon with my new husband for a couple of drinks and we'll sit and talk and remember my mom with smiles and laughter instead of tears. He never got to meet her, but I want him to feel as if he knew her. He would have loved her and she him. I guess I better end this now and go get ready to go out. I love and miss you mommy!! Rest in Peace!!!

(Mary Ellen Wescott .....September 21st, 1947 - May 12th, 2005)

Comments (2)

Sponsored