SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trisha57_ny

McDuff and Daisy

trisha57_ny
15 years ago

Hi Friends, (this is looonnnng)

I don't know if any of you remember McDuff and Daisy??? The Saint Benards?

I posted here for a name to call them when we got them at 6 weeks old. anyone remember? That was 5 years ago --- my, my, how time flies. Yup, 5 years!

Everyone responded with great, great names. I think, then I posted that Duff had his leg amputated due to bone cancer. Duff (now 185lbs.) is flying through our yard on three legs -- up and down stairs, playing -- people don't even know he has three legs.

Then we got Daisy (that was the number one name you guys picked). We should have named her "Grace" as in saving grace.

This "little" girl (she's now 155 lbs.) is my answer to all that is bad in the world. She is always there, beside me, with her big, beautiful head, and her velvet ears -- always just there -- and always wowing others.

When Duff came home after his amputation, he stayed in our walk-in closet (which he never, ever went into before) for 3 weeks. HE was in shock, WE were in shock. We cried for two weeks -- this is a s a big, big dog. We fed him and watered him in the closet, and tried to get him to come out of the closet.

One day, Daisy went into our closet (where SHE never, ever went before). Our guess was that she missed him.

DH and I were watching what was going on. THEY didn't know we were watching.

Daisy licked his wound, licked his face, nudged, nudged him under his chin. (I was very emotional watching this)

Duff finally got up, went into the backyard and peed, and peed, and peed! (thank god we had a drain there). So, what is the moral of this story?

Doesn't matter what you look like -- you're still beautiful?

Doesn't matter how long you've been estranged from a friend?

Doesn't matter how rich you are, or how much you have, we're all the same?

Doesn't matter how much wine you drank tonight -- I would sitll say the same thing tomorrow --- maybe in different words ----- lol!!!!!!!!!

D

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert