SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pearsth

Durable Kitchen Table

pearsth
14 years ago

Hello -

I am looking for new kitchen table/chair set that will be very durable. I don't want something I am going to have to worry about things like rings from cold glasses or spills with.

I have been shopping online and finding things I like the look of, but my last experience with online shopping for a kitchen table didn't turn out too well. We bought a "hardwood" table with a dark cherry finish. It looked nice enough, but the chairs fell apart over time and the finish wasn't that great. My little kids banged marks in it with the sliverware and it dulled with normal use.

My parents have always had the "traditional" looking oval oak tables with what appears to be a formica woodgrain top. Extremely durable and looks nice enough in their oak kitchen. Would NOT look well with our light cherry cabinents and natural cherry floors we are planning for our new kitchen.

This looks nice, but I am unsure of the quality.

http://www.dinettegallery.com/store/product/4800/Clearbrook_5_Piece_Kitchen_Table_Counter_Height_Set_by_Apa?relate=1

Anyone know of any manufacuters that make ultra-durable kitchen tables? Know anything about the Apa brand?

Thanks,

Tom

Comments (15)