SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindyg1_gw

It wouldn't go up the stairs! :-(!

cindyg1
17 years ago

My husband and I purchased the beautiful Cortina bedroom set made from AICO from a local store in our area. I made a to scale drawing of the room and all the pieces of the set b4 it arrived and it would have all fit in the room with no problem.

What we didn't consider was the height of the queen size headboard. This massive headboard is at least 6' tall and is a solid piece of furniture which is glued together. Our home is about 10 years old and when we built it we choose to have a 4th bedroom upstairs rather than a two story open foyer. So..as you go up the stairs at some point the ceiling is above you (which is the floor of the second floor). The headboard could not make it past this point.

Also, this set has a marble top on the nightstand and the dresser. The delivery guys told me that they dredded attempting to get that dresser upstairs. And that I'd probably need to sign a damage wavier because I have hardwood floors (stairs). The said there was no way they could carry that dresser and not have to put it down at least once on those stairs.

So...two words of advice. Measure the headboard if it is excessively tall and you don't have an open foyer. And if you purchase a bedroom set with marble tops, take a look at how the delivery crew will get it into your house and where it will sit with respect to how much it weighs.

We sent the Cortina set back of course and purchased a solid wood set with a shorter headboard.

Cindy

Comment (1)